Weight Loss Clip For Hand – Is It Useful For Excess Weight Loss?
Weight loss clips for hand are a recent invention that makes use of a centuries-old principle. It focuses on the acupressure principle that was practiced in China centuries ago. The prime aim of these clips is to apply pressure on some crucial parts of your hands and thereby aid in weight loss.
Even though this can seem superficial, research has proven the benefits of acupressure and acupuncture on weight loss. To know more about this ancient wisdom, dive into the article.
What are weight loss clips for hands?
Weight loss clips for hands are specially designed clips that use acupressure points for weight loss. These are also known as acupressure clips. Recent studies have shown promising results in this regard.
Traditional Chinese acupressure involves applying hard pressure to specific bodily places to alleviate certain medical symptoms. Through this process, one can lose weight.
Acupressure: An Overview
Acupressure is a concept derived from traditional Chinese medicine. According to this belief, there are around 361 acupressure points known in the human body. These points are linked by pathways called meridians.
Traditional Chinese medicine believes that energy flows through these meridians, which is called qi. This energy is the reason behind our health. Acupressure treatment seeks to apply pressure on these points and thereby enhance the flow of energy through the meridians.
This treatment is supposed to regain health and relieve you from certain diseases.
It is a Meridian energy path
Each acupressure point on the body is connected to a “meridian” in traditional Chinese medicine. The body’s organs are represented by the names given to these meridians. Each meridian’s matching acupressure point is given a letter name, followed by the point’s placement on the pathway.
Traditional names for these acupressure locations are also available. These acupressure sites are thought to influence digestion, metabolism, and other weight-loss-related variables, as shown below.
Different methods of applying Acupressure points
By stimulating spots on the body that relieve stress on the digestive system, this method is said to help weight loss.
A small body of scientific evidence suggests that acupressure can help people lose weight when used with a good diet and regular exercise, but more research is needed.
Using Acupressure Points for Weight Loss
- The acupressure points on the ear are an excellent place to start. For this step, the triangular tissue flap situated at the front of each ear should be immediately in front of your thumb. Because it covers the most significant surface area and affects all three points, the thumb is commonly used.
- A third option would be to hold your mouth open and close while pressing a finger against your jaw to locate this point. Find the point in your jaw where the most movement occurs.
- For three minutes, apply medium and consistent pressure to curb cravings and promote digestion.
- Use the ear points if you need to use one point. Three or more acupressure sites that affect hunger and appetite can only be discovered together in this area of the body.
- These points are placed in and around your ears on the TW21 and SI19 meridians, respectively. These have received the most significant weight loss research attention.
- Apply extra acupressure points that help weight loss to these points. Additionally, numerous other factors can assist you in your weight loss efforts.
- GV26 is situated in the depression or crease between the upper lip and the nose (the philtrum). Apply moderate pressure twice a day for five minutes. This point can reduce hunger pangs.
- It is located 3 centimeters below the navel. This location has the potential to aid digestion.
- In the outer half of the leg, about two inches below the knee cap is Knee Point ST36. For one minute, apply pressure on this area with your forefinger. When you flex your foot, you should be able to feel the muscle under your finger move, indicating that you are in the correct location. Every day for two minutes, keep your finger here. This area helps to maintain a healthy digestive system.
- On the inside side of the elbow crease, the outer part of the elbow is where you’ll find Elbow LI 11. The intestines are stimulated by eliminating excess heat and undesired moisture from the body through this point’s stimulation. For one minute each day, press your thumb firmly on this spot.
- Two inches above the ankle, on the inner side of the leg, and below the bone, you’ll find pressure point SP6. Apply pressure on your thumb for one minute every day. Slowly release.
- The abdominal sadness points can be found straight from your earlobes to the bottom of your ribcage. For five minutes a day, press onto this region under each rib. Irritable bowel syndrome can be relieved by focusing on this area.
3. If one or more of the points makes you uncomfortable or does not produce the desired outcomes, try another one or more points. Pay attention to how you’re feeling and handling the stress. Each individual may react differently based on the circumstances. Make sure you don’t go overboard!
After reaching your optimum weight, employ these acupressure spots to help you maintain that weight. This type of acupressure has no known side effects.
How Acupressure Can Help You Lose Weight?
Complementary medicine acupressure is similar to acupuncture in that it has been practiced in China for a long time.
Acupuncture employs needles to stimulate the numerous pressure points around the body, while acupressure uses massage treatment to activate these areas.
Acupuncture is thought to help with weight loss by lowering stress, enhancing digestion, and increasing metabolism.
Traditional weight loss methods like diet and exercise can be supplemented with acupressure because some pressure sites are considered to alter appetite and blood sugar levels.
It Is A Meridian Energy Path
Each acupressure point on the body is connected to a “meridian” in traditional Chinese medicine. The body’s organs are represented by the names given to these meridians.
Each meridian’s matching acupressure point is given a letter name, followed by the point’s placement on the pathway.
Traditional names for these acupressure locations are also available.
These acupressure sites are thought to influence digestion, metabolism, and other weight-loss-related variables, as shown below.
Is It Possible To Lose Weight With Acupressure Points?
There is a lack of evidence to support the use of acupressure for weight loss. Acupuncture, on the other hand, has been shown to aid in weight loss for those who are obese.
Seven papers were reviewed in a brief systematic review of trusted sources from 2019 to see if auricular acupressure may help people lose weight.
Using pressure points in the ear to achieve therapeutic effects is known as auricular acupressure.
This review compares acupressure alone (or in combination with other interventions) to other experimental therapies or no treatment in the papers included in it.
An acupressure treatment was beneficial in lowering BMI and overall body weight in study participants.
The outcomes were the same whether acupressure was used alone or in conjunction with dietary and activity changes.
According to researchers, those who received more therapy sessions had more significant weight loss and reduced body mass index (BMI).
For Weight Loss, Have You Considered Acupuncture?
There is a shortage of research on the effectiveness of acupuncture for weight loss, much as that of acupressure.
Acupuncture, on the other hand, has shown promising outcomes for weight loss.
The authors of a 2018 systematic review of trusted Sources included 1,389 study participants in 21 studies for analysis.
Acupuncture was compared to various other treatments, including drugs, nutrition, exercise, and even a sugar pill, in the research included in this review.
They discovered conflicting results in the research, with some studies showing that acupuncture is more effective at helping people lose weight than other methods. In contrast, others showed no apparent difference between the two.
Acupuncture, on the other hand, appears to impact hunger and the metabolism of hunger-related hormones.
However, more research is required to determine whether acupressure and acupuncture can be used to help people lose weight.
A Variety Of Methods And Solutions Might Be Beneficial When Trying To Lose Weight, Such As The Following:
- The use of dietary supplements. In the end, fad diets can be harmful. During your weight loss journey, a certified nutritionist can guide you through the maze of nutritional options that will keep your body and mind in tip-top shape.
- Changes in one’s lifestyle. Weight loss isn’t the only reason to be active. Our bodies and minds benefit from regular physical activity. Check out various sports and see which ones you enjoy the most.
- Regarding weight loss, holistic health practices can be applied alongside western approaches. Acupuncture may be worth a try, although additional research is needed.
- Working with a doctor or other healthcare expert to identify what works for you when losing weight might be beneficial because there is no one-size-fits-all method.
The final verdict on weight loss clips for hand is as follows. Weight loss is one of the many health advantages attributed to acupressure, a traditional Chinese medicine.
A small body of data suggests that acupressure and acupuncture may also be beneficial weight loss therapies, although further research is needed.
To get the most out of acupressure as a weight-loss tool, consult a healthcare expert before beginning.