Eating styles play an important role in determining the health and weight levels in the body. A healthy eating style can help in ensuring that the weight as well as fat level in the body is under control and does not harm the body.
How To Figure Out What Eating Style Is Right For You?
Thus figuring out the right style of eating is of utmost importance to keep weight gain under check and also contribute to weight loss.
Steps to figure out:
The following are a few of the eating styles which we commonly engage in:
- Fuel Eating: In fuel eating, an individual eats to provide nutrition and nourishment to the body. Such foods are nutrient-rich and thereby healthy for the body and commonly include fruits, vegetables, etc.
- Joy Eating: Such a type of eating style is practiced just because the food item tastes good. These include eating sugary foods like candy, cookies, etc. which instead are harmful to health.
- Fog Eating: It refers to that style of eating in which an individual eats without keeping conscious of what and how much he has eaten. This is generally done when there is a kind of distraction like TV and mobile used while eating
- Storm Eating: In this style of eating, an individual eats without hunger just because of strong craving for something which can lead to unnecessary weight gain.
It is quite clear that the first i.e. fuel eating should be best of the above mentioned as it is the most healthy and nutritious for the body while the rest are just for sensual satisfaction. For figuring out the eating style that suits you, the factors like flexibility, balance, likeability, etc. play an important role.
How do I know what diet is right for me?
There is no dearth of pieces of advice and tips regarding diet on the internet. Everybody has their views and pieces of advice on diet and weight loss for individuals. However, knowing which diet is right for one is of much importance. Below mentioned are some suggestions and tips for determining on your own, what kind of diet suits you:
- Involving the doctor in your weight loss efforts: Before involving in the dieting process for weight loss, consulting with the doctor can be a good step for determining the medical issues of your body and clarifying whether the weight gain has been due to fat accumulation or any other medical condition. He can also guide you on what kind of diet would be good for you and suggest additional measures which can add to your success in the weight loss process.
- Considering your own personal needs: Personal needs need to be kept in mind before jumping off with a diet plan. The following personal factors need to be kept in mind before initiating a weight loss plan:
- Diets already tried: Cognizance needs to be taken from the variety of diets already tried, the likes and dislikes to it, why it worked or not, and what the individual felt physically and emotionally while following those diets.
- Individual Preferences: Individual preferences also need to be considered in determining the right diet. The preferred food, whether one likes to follow the diet on their own or requires group support etc. has to be considered.
- Budget: Budget also needs to be kept in mind while deciding the right diet and diet plan. While some diets may require a lesser amount of money investment, some diets require heavy investments. Budget factors, thus need to be kept in mind before starting with dieting.
How do I create a diet plan for myself?
When it comes to weight loss, individuals who are on such a health journey are aware of the important role that healthy food choices play in the journey. But most of them are not aware of how to plan and organize their diet and meals.
The following are some simple steps that can help such individuals in creating and coming up with their diet plan on their own:
- Setting a goal for oneself: The first step in the creation of a successful diet plan is to determine and set up a goal for such a diet plan. The goal can vary from losing fat, building muscles, maintenance of the same weight, or getting the body shape some tighter. Whatever be the goal, it is important to know and decide beforehand so that all efforts from now would be directed towards achieving the goal.
- Figuring out the ideal daily calorie intake: The calorie intake forms the most important part of a diet plan. Thus, The next step would be to find out how much calorie intake you are having usually and determine the ideal calorie intake based on your current weight, height, gender, and daily routine, which could help you in achieving success in your diet plan.
- Determining the intake of Macronutrients: After deciding about the ideal calorie intake, it is necessary to determine the amount and proportion of macronutrients like protein, fat, and carbohydrates to be taken per meal. The meals rich in protein and adequate in carbs and fat are ideal to be taken while following a diet plan.
- Going for healthy and nutrient-rich food: While creating a diet plan, one does not need to completely sacrifice everything that they like to eat. Instead, they should choose the healthy food they like to eat and give up junk and sugary foods in the diet plan.
- Organize such a diet to make it sustainable and enjoyable: After deciding the healthy food to be taken during the diet period, organize the meals and food in such a way that it does not become boring as the time passes to make the diet plan more sustainable and enjoyable to follow.
It is now quite clear that figuring out a proper eating style and determining a suitable diet is of much importance for successful weight control. The above-mentioned information is quite sufficient to guide an individual regarding how to determine the best diet and eating style for oneself and the process and the factors to be kept in mind while making a diet plan of one’s own.
Figuring out the right eating style is important for an individual because by doing so an individual can ensure that while they enjoy their food and meals, such food may not result in causing harm to their body particularly in weight gain. After all, excess weight and resultant fat accumulation can be highly dangerous for the body as a whole.
Setting a goal for oneself
Figuring out the ideal daily calorie intake
Determining the intake of Macronutrients
Going for healthy and nutrient-rich food
Organize such a diet to make it sustainable and enjoyable
Track all meals
Diets already tried