Everybody is immensely obsessed with losing weight. There are multiple articles that list a number of things to eat or do in case you want to lose those extra kilos. How about gaining some? This might be news to you but probably there is a decent percentage of people who deal with weight gain.
When you think about it, it is really simple. Their metabolic rate is high and they digest food faster than they should. So are you one of them and really tired of trying every meat, fruit, and powder? Then we are here to lend a hand.
No more meat but 10 pure green remedies that can put an end to your woes. This blog will discuss in detail why people lose weight faster when they don’t want to. Also, we would suggest 10 vegan foods for weight gain.
Best Vegan Foods For Weight Gain
Before we directly delve into the vegan foods for weight loss list, we would like to give you some context as to what causes this to happen. Difficulty in gaining weight could be caused by multiple reasons which are sometimes serious and can affect the mental well-being of a person.
Apart from the obvious causes including high metabolic rate and not eating enough calories, people can fail to gain weight due to improper calorie consumption. For example, you could be eating a lot but not eating the right ones can actually make no difference for you.
If you still find it difficult to put on weight then you could be suffering from some disease like IBS or Crohn’s disease which are pretty severe. Additionally genetics, high amounts of physical activity not coupled with enough nutrition, frequently failing to eat regular meals and not being able to maintain the pace of eating will prove dangerous if you are trying to gain weight.
Stress and anxiety as well as the onset of some severe ailments like Cancer can also cause unintended weight loss. Therefore it is crucial that you get yourself checked before deciding to jump into anything. And if you have tried everything else then our list is at your disposal.
They are –
- Nuts and kinds of nut-butter– Nuts are a great source of carbohydrates and protein. Now protein is not only good for weight loss but gaining can also be one of its uses. Along with satiety, it can help your body with proper digestion and develop muscles. Kinds of butter from nuts like peanuts, almonds, walnuts, or cashews are also a great choice.
- Avocado– Most of the food items in the list might surprise you as they are equally effective for weight loss as well but remember in weight loss, portion control is the key. However, during weight gain, you should concentrate more on the healthy carbs, fats, and oils that can reach your body. So avocados should be on top of your list to be included in salads, eaten fresh, or even mashed to make a spread.
- Coconut milk– In regular conditions, we would ask you to steer clear of coconut milk but since weight gain is your motive, this can be useful. Besides its creamy texture that screams calorie, it also is a galore of healthy fats like Medium Chain Triglycerides or MCTs.
- Quinoa– Filled with the goodness of carbs, protein, and fiber, it is as healthy as they come. Moreover, the abundance of Vitamin B ensures great heart health with muscle development.
- Lentils– A plant-based protein in disguise, this vegan food for weight loss is as good as consuming meat. Along with Folates. Vitamin B, Protein, not only promotes weight gain but ensures proper gut health and overall nutrient absorption. Some of the lentils include Yellow, split yellow, black, green, and red.
- Tofu– Not everyone is a fan of dairy products and a recent study even found out that most humans are lactose intolerant while the opposite is an anomaly. However, extracted from soybeans it has no connection to milk products whatsoever. If its taste isn’t tempting you enough you should know that it is a great source of minerals, Vitamins, and other nutrients.
- Oats– Did you really think we would not include oats in this list? Oats have a huge fan base and now you know why! It is ideal for anyone suffering from diabetes and still wants to maintain a healthy weight. Iron, Calcium, and Magnesium aid in creating wholesome energy for our body to work. This means over-exhaustion cannot be a cause of weight loss for you.
- Rice– Though white rice can also be considered when gaining weight is the goal we would still want you to rely on brown. With white, there is always a risk of going overboard while brown rice can hardly cause you harm and is full of goodness.
- Dried fruits– Yes you do get to eat all the yummy ones. Dried fruits kike raisins, dates, apricots, and peaches can help you limit the craving for unhealthy sugars while providing you the right ones to put on some Kilos.
- Oils– Plant-based oils work wonders. Coconut, Olive, and Avocado are highly beneficial and at the same time add flavor to your food. Extra calories and fats can be found in abundance along with healthy Vitamin consuming nutrients.
Now that we have covered the 10 vegan superfoods for weight gain, we would like to reiterate that you must eat them in measured quantities. Overeating is not good in any case and we advise mindful eating.