Saggy skin is a major concern in everyone’s weight loss journey. After a significant weight loss, your skin becomes saggy and loose. Studies and researchers explain that many bariatric surgery patients have loose skin after surgery. There are many factors affecting loose skin after weight loss. Among them, the most important one is smoking and people having smoking habits are at higher risk for loose skin. Also, older people are at higher risk for getting loose skin after weight loss because their skin is less elastic and less able to recover from the change in size.
How To Tighten Neck Skin After Weight Loss
Your neck is one of the first areas that show the effect of weight loss and signs of aging. So this article provides you tips and information on how to tighten neck skin after weight loss. Continue reading.
Frim your neck muscles through exercises
Several exercises and yoga poses are there to provide stretching and working out your neck and facial muscles. This also helps to strengthen your neck so that it becomes firmer and tighten. Some of the simple and easy to do exercises to firm your neck muscles are:
- Place your hand on your forehead and push your head against your hand without letting it go forwards. Now you can feel that your neck muscles are working. Hold this position for around 10 to 20 seconds. Now clasp your hands behind your head and push backward to create pressure and again hold for about 10 to 20 seconds.
- Sit down and lift your head back so that your chin is pointing toward the ceiling with your lips closed. Now make a chewing motion with your mouth and you will feel like your neck and facial muscle being worked. Do this 20 to 30 times.
- Sit down with a straight back and lift your head so that your chin is pointing towards the ceiling. Now pout your lips in a sort of kissing motion. Repeat this twice daily and it works in different parts of your neck and face.
- Lie straight on the bed with your head hanging over the edge. Now slowly lift your head up towards your torso, using your neck, and slowly lower it back down. Do this about 5 times. This exercise could strain your neck easily, so stop immediately if you feel any pain.
Reduce facial expressions and movements
If you are more expressive, the more likely you to get them wrinkles at an early age. If you smile a lot, get angry too often, or worry too much, then you are bound to make facial expressions that might contort your face and neck muscles. The repetitive movements that we engaged in on a daily basis and which develop wrinkles are smiling, laughing, squinting, furrowing brows, frowning, etc. The repeatedly making expressions may cause the collagen, the building block for smooth and supple skin in your skin to break down in that area. Gradually, your skin loses elasticity and begins to form fine lines and wrinkles. Also, facial movements such as tilting your head can weaken your neck muscles.
Couple your lifestyle with a healthy diet
Eat foods that brighten and tighten your skin. Most of the foods have probably been made in your own kitchen. Some of them are:
- Green tea: The antioxidants and polyphenols contained in green tea fight against free radicals. EGCG, the most important compound present in green tea flush out all toxins and speeds metabolism.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory spice that helps you to tighten and brighten up your skin.
- Avocado: It includes healthy fatty acids which hydrate your skin and keep them healthy and smooth.
- Vegetables: Include vegetables in your diet that contain high levels of antioxidants, carotenoids, and Vitamin C.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is rich in vitamins and probiotics. These help keep your skin clear and free from wrinkles.
- Oysters: The compounds Selenium and Zinc included in oysters tighten and improve skin elasticity.
Apply moisturizer daily
Use a skin-type specific moisturizer and apply it daily over your neck. This boosts collagen and elastin production. Also, staying hydrated can help make your neck skin firmer. Remember that, even if your skin is oily, it may need a moisturizer. So choose an oil-free and non-comedogenic moisturizer. This may also improve the appearance of your neck skin by pumping it up with products such as silicone and hyaluronic acid.
Being obese for an extended period of time can cause damage to the collagen and elastin fibers in your skin. So when you lose weight, it’s harder for your skin to snap back. Thus if you lose weight, significant amounts of saggy skin may result. The above given are some of the effective and easy-to-follow remedies to tighten your saggy neck skin. Hope that you got the right pieces of information through this article. Follow these tips to get brighten and tighten neck skin.