Best Detox Waters For Weight Loss: Try These And Burn Fat Faster!
Planning to lose weight? Hold on before you put your gym clothes on! What if I say that the best companion for weight loss is a glass of warm water with lemon and honey? Yes, that is right!
Drinking water can aid you in weight loss more than any other method. But for us, drinking water in simpler ways can be a bit boring. That is why there are detox drinks! These are herb or fruit-infused water that can improve your metabolism and prepare your body for weight loss.
Dive right into the article to know some of the best detox waters for weight loss!
What Is Detoxification?
Detoxification, or short detox, is the process of removing impurities and toxic substances from our bodies. There are many types of detoxification such as Alcohol detoxification, Drug detoxification, Metabolic detoxification, etc. Our kidneys, liver, intestines, etc, carry out the detoxification process daily.
Still, often there is a need for some additional detoxification process for our body. This is because we are constantly exposed to many chemicals and toxins which enter our bodies through air, water, food, etc. These toxins can further cause many health issues such as weight loss. Certain detox diets can improve our digestion and health.
These diets can also lead to calorie restriction and weight loss. Apart from diets, certain detox waters can aid in weight loss. That is what we will be discussing further in this article.
How Does Detox Water Help In Weight Loss?
Detox water is a special type of water that is infused with fresh fruits, herbs, vegetables, etc. It is also called herb-infused water or fruit-infused water. Unlike juices, this detox water only infuses certain fruits and herbs and thereby doesn’t add calories.
As drinking water can aid in weight loss, having a habit of drinking detox water can also lead you in the same way. Water can be an excellent component in reducing your appetite and thereby inducing you from indulging in unhealthy foods.
As it can reduce hunger levels, you tend to eat less. This might be one of the reasons behind detox waters help with weight loss. Along with reducing hunger, water can improve digestive health and the immune system. When infused with the goodness of certain fruits and herbs such as lemon and watermelon, this detox water can double the effect on weight loss.
Best Detox Waters For Weight Loss
As detox water can aid in weight loss is a fact, let us now examine some of the best detox waters for weight loss. Drinking these waters instead of your regular soda and sugary juices can help you to achieve weight loss in faster way.
Along with weight loss, they can purify your body from harmful chemicals and improve your immune system. Here is a list of the best detox waters for weight loss.
1. Coriander Water
Scientifically known as Coriandrum Sativum, Coriander is a popular herb and spice. There are many health benefits to this culinary herb. Studies show that coriander consumption can balance blood sugar levels and improve immunity.
It can also fight infections in your body and aid in digestion and gut health. You can make coriander water by soaking one cup of coriander seeds overnight in 250ml water. Consume this drink in lukewarm form the next morning.
You can also soak the coriander leaves in water overnight and consume it lukewarm the next morning. Some of the benefits of drinking coriander water are mentioned below:
- Decreases blood sugar levels: Studies show that coriander seeds can reduce your blood glucose levels. A specific component called ethanol in the seeds can aid in lowering serum glucose or blood sugar.
- Abundant with antioxidants: Coriander is rich in antioxidant compounds that can reduce inflammation and inhibit the growth of cancer cells. Drinking coriander water can lead to enhancing your immunity.
- Lowers bad cholesterol levels: Many studies have shown that coriander water can reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol levels. By acting as a diuretic, it can flush the excess sodium and water from your body.
- Improves digestion and gut health: One of the most attributed benefits of drinking coriander water is its role in digestion. Both the seeds and leaves of coriander can detox your digestive system and flush out harmful chemicals from your body.
2. Lemon Ginger Detox Drink
Both lemon and ginger are ideal components in aiding in weight loss. Studies have shown that lemon can decrease insulin resistance and burn the excess fat stored inside your body. Ginger can reduce unwanted hunger and thereby lead to weight loss.
You can make Lemon Ginger detox water by infusing one tablespoon of lemon juice and one tablespoon of ginger juice into one cup of water. The benefits of the lemon ginger detox drink are provided below:
- Enhances gastrointestinal health: Both lemon and ginger are known to aid in gastrointestinal health. The soluble fiber in lemons known as pectin can improve your gut health. They can also remove toxins from your liver.
- Aids in cardiovascular health: Being abundant in vitamin C, lemon can reduce heart disease and stroke possibilities. Ginger has cardiotonic, anti-hyperlipidemic effects that can protect your heart health.
- Improves immunity: Both lemon and ginger can boost your immune system. As they have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, they can be beneficial in improving your immunity.
3. Orange Detox Water
You can make orange detox water by putting sliced oranges in water and adding some vanilla for additional flavors. Loaded with vitamin C, oranges can improve your immune system and even help you to have glowing skin. Below are some of the benefits of drinking orange detox water for your body.
- Aids in weight loss: Drinking orange detox water can remove toxins from your body and aid in weight loss. It can also regulate your digestion and accelerate your metabolism. Drinking orange detox water will reduce your tendency to snack on unhealthy foods.
- Improves heart health: Abundant with fiber, oranges work best for your heart. A specific antioxidant flavonoid compound found in oranges known as hesperidin, can balance your blood pressure levels and reduce inflammation. This can ultimately lead to safeguarding your heart.
- Enhances your immunity: Vitamin C plays a major role in improving your immunity. As oranges are rich in vitamin C, they can boost your immunity and prevent the onset of any diseases.
4. Cucumber and Mint Detox Drink
Cucumber and Mint detox drink is a popular detox water that can lead to weight loss. You can make this drink by infusing half a piece of cucumber and a few mint leaves into 3 cups of water.
Use this along with half of a lemon squeezed and it will add to the taste. Now let us check some of the health benefits offered by the cucumber and mint detox drink. Here are some of the benefits:
- Promotes weight loss: Replacing your regular sugary drinks with cucumber and mint detox drinks can help with weight loss. It can hydrate you and curb any unwanted hunger or appetite. This will lead to a healthy way of weight loss.
- They are rich in antioxidants: Both cucumber and mint are abundant in antioxidants. These substances can reduce the onset of oxidative stress. Oxidative stress is the main reason behind certain medical conditions such as diabetes, cancer, heart disease, etc.
- It acts as a natural detoxifier: Cucumber and mint detox water can purify your body by removing toxins and at the same time can boost your immune system.
- Aids in digestive health: Consuming cucumber and mint detox water can support your gut health. It is one of the ideal ways to cleanse your liver and improve your digestive health.
5. Apple and Cinnamon Detox Water
Both apple and cinnamon have many benefits related to fat burning and weight loss. You can add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water and use it as a detox drink for weight loss. Or you can add some cinnamon to it and double the efficiency of the drink for weight loss.
Apples can curb your unwanted appetites by making you feel fuller for a longer time. Cinnamon can naturally accelerate your metabolism and turn your body into a fat-burning furnace. Check out the benefits:
- It can balance your blood sugar levels: Both apples and cinnamon have impeccable abilities to balance your blood sugar levels. Studies show that apples can reduce insulin resistance and decrease blood sugar levels. Also, cinnamon can increase insulin sensitivity and reduce the higher levels of blood sugar.
- Boosts your immunity: An apple a day keeps the doctor away! Both apple and cinnamon have powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties that can enable your immune system to fight against illness-causing invaders.
- Accelerates your metabolism: Apple and Cinnamon detox water can power up your metabolism and induce the fat-burning process. Being rich in pectin fiber, apples can promote metabolism and improve a feeling of satiety. Cinnamon also has some metabolism-boosting properties and can navigate the process of sugar breakdown in your body.
- Protects your cardiac health: Both apple and cinnamon have powerful cardiac-supportive properties. Cinnamon has proven benefits in reducing bad cholesterol levels in your body. Apples have compounds called polyphenols that can improve your heart health.
6. Cumin seed water
Cumin seed water is an excellent way to lose weight. Here are some of the benefits offered by Cumin seed water. Drinking cumin seed water can kick-start your metabolism and improve your hydration. Below are some of the benefits offered by cumin seed water.
- Accelerates metabolism: When you drink cumin water daily, your metabolism gets a boost. It makes your body a fat-burning furnace.
- Balances blood sugar levels: Another benefit of drinking cumin water is that it can balance your blood sugar levels. Cumin has the property to improve insulin sensitivity. This can help manage diabetes mellitus.
- Reduces acidity: Cumin water is traditionally used to treat acid reflux. Being gastro-protective, they can relieve you from symptoms such as heartburn, nausea, and bloating.
- Rich in antioxidants: Cumin seeds are packed with polyphenols that can reduce oxidative stress in your body. It can help you in detoxifying your body from harmful chemicals and improve your immunity.
7. Grapefruit Detox Water
You can make Grapefruit detox water by infusing some slices of grapefruit into the water. These citrus fruits are excellent for aiding in weight loss. Some other benefits of grapefruit detox water are listed below:
- Enhances your immunity: Abundant with vitamin C, grapefruits can provide antioxidants to your body. This can support your immune system.
- Helps with weight loss: Rich in fiber, grapefruits can promote a feeling of fullness and inhibit you from overeating. Also, they have fewer calories, and it can be beneficial for the weight loss process.
- Supports heart health: Studies show that eating grapefruits in a regular pattern can reduce cholesterol levels. Also, they contain high levels of potassium which can support heart health.
- Balances blood sugar levels: Grapefruit water can prevent insulin resistance. Thereby, drinking it can balance blood sugar levels and reduce the onset of diabetes.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, many detox drinks can help with weight loss. Detoxification is the process of removing toxins from your body. Doing this can prevent certain health conditions and also lead to weight loss. Some of the popular detox drinks are grapefruit detox water, cumin seed detox water, apple, cinnamon, cucumber, lemon, etc.
When one drinks detox water, it can instigate a feeling of satiety and reduce unwanted cravings and appetite. Drinking detox water can also boost metabolism and balance blood sugar levels. All these processes in total lead to weight loss in an effective way.
You should drink at least 1 liter of detox water every 20 kg to lose weight.
When drinking detox water, you won’t feel unnecessary cravings. This can keep you full for a long time and prevent you from overeating.
Some minute side effects such as bloating, mineral deficiency, hunger, etc, can happen as part of drinking detox water.
It is advised that you should drink detox water early in the morning, on an empty stomach.
Yes. Drinking detox water can enhance the elasticity of the skin and reduce aging.